Thursday 19 September 2013

Ghana's Asamoah Gyan hopes to be fully fit for Egypt


Ghana skipper Asamoah Gyan is battling for fitness ahead of next month’s 2014 World Cup qualifier play offs against Egypt.

The 27-year old almost missed Ghana’s 2-1 win over Zambia in their final group game of the qualifiers as he continues to play with a thigh strain that has been troubling him for the past two months.

However he came off the bench for Al Ain in Sunday’s 3-1 defeat to Al Shabab in the Arabian Gulf league.

“I have not fully recovered but hopefully I should be fit for the game against Egypt,” Gyan said

“I was not fit when we beat Zambia in Kumasi and so I’m still in the healing process.

“It’s my prayer that all our players will be fully fit to face the Egyptians. If we’re all fit, I believe we can beat them to qualify to the World Cup.”

Ghana host the first leg of the game between the 11-15 October while the return leg would be staged between the 15-19 November

0 comments:

Post a Comment